Little Portugal on Dundas seeks a BIA Coordinator.
The BIA coordinator will provide administrative support for the ongoing activities of the BIA directed by chair of the BIA
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision while consulting with and reporting to the board as required. Strong organizational, administrative, time management and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to meet deadlines will be crucial to the successful carrying out of tasks assigned.
The job description below is not intended to be comprehensive. Other tasks may arise over the course of the year. Reporting to the board of management through the chair of the BIA, the coordinator will:
- Provide administrative support to the BIA board of director and the subcommittees (for example, streetscape, maintenance, events)
- Ensure that exceptional customer service is delivered through the BIA office
- Strive to include, engage and serve all members of the BIA
- Establish, encourage and maintain positive, constructive and proactive relationships with the BIA members as well as non-member community stakeholders
- Implement programs and policies as approved by the boards
- Act to maintain and improve the economic and cultural health of the businesses in our areas with an eye to encouraging a healthy commercial mix that encourages diversity, equity and member input.
- Act in accordance with the City of Toronto’s equity and non-discrimination guidelines.
- Oversee BIA special events as directed by the board chair
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be available for regular part-time office hours as well as meetings and special events, expected minimum of 6 hours per week.
- Respond to email, phone and written correspondence in a timely matter.
- Immediately bring to the attention of the board, via the board chair, any correspondence, inquiry, feedback, issue or comment that requires board attention.
- Be responsible for regular office operations such as filing, mailing preparation, database maintenance and correspondence on behalf of the board and its subcommittees
- Maintain various databases (including BIA members, board members, sub-committee members, other community stakeholders, media contacts, Toronto City Councillors, MPP, MP other community/opinion leaders) as directed by the BIA chars
- Prepare applications for grants and sponsorships as directed by the BIA Chair.
Communications / Marketing
- Prepare e-newsletters or physical newsletters as requested by the board, to be distributed to members on a monthly basis or on a timeline determined by the board chair.
- Administer press releases related to ongoing activities and special events for review and approval by chair of communications sub-committee and chair of BIA board.
- Act as a liaison, via regular communication and relationship management, with non-BIA Members such as: municipal staff, our BIA liaison, the constituency office staff for our local councillor, MPP and MP; members of other BIAs and business associations, community groups and agencies.
- Administer the social media strategy of the BIA as directed by the communications/marketing committee.
- Maintain the BIA websites – updating membership, meeting, event and resource information.
- Administer draft materials for distribution to the local community through appropriate media or via other means of distribution (local newspaper ads/announcements, local poster campaigns for branding, initiatives arising from time to time).
- Maintain a list of media coverage that the BIAs receive.
- Assist in the coordination, administration and execution of all BIA events if requested by the Board
- Represent the BIA at external events as requested by the chairs.
- Report to the board where maintenance is required – for example in the case of vandalism or items that need replacement
- Facilitate the contracting of streetscaping and maintenance services including planters, baskets, banners, snow clearing, parkettes, murals. This may include sourcing multiple quotes.
- Oversee the execution of such contracts under the direction of the board
Member services and BIA Development
- Facilitate visioning and branding projects as directed by the boards.
- Attend conferences and professional development event as requested by the board.
To apply for this part time, contract position, please send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com by Aug 23, 2019. Please include availability and pay expectations.